Blade Material - 100%
Set Pieces - 100%
Reliability - 98%
Cutting Performance - 97%
Durability - 98%
Composed of no less than 18 different pieces, this kitchen knife set delivers everything you need when you are in the kitchen, preparing food. Thus, it helps make your life easier by shortening the time you spend grueling over the food preparation chores you despise so much.
In a quality knife set for kitchen use, you expect to encounter a harmonious blend between sharpness and style. This is precisely what the Chicago Cutlery Fusion 18-Piece knife set delivers, while still maintaining a fair asking price. Durability is not an issue with these cutlery pieces, and sharpness retention is exemplary, so your food preparation needs will be fulfilled and your expectations surpassed with certainty. But let us stop hovering and turn straight to the point, reviewing this knife set to aid in your decision-making process regarding whether it is the new addition you want for your kitchen knife collection or not.
- Chef’s knife: This cutlery piece measures 7.75 inches, feeling natural when you are holding it allowing convenient, hassle-free use. The blade is actually made from high-carbon stainless steel and forged to perfection, while the comfortable grip handle ensures your hands will not tire easily when chopping food with it.
- Slicer: The slicer in this set measures 8 inches, which is more than enough for you to have an easy time maneuvering it when slicing fruits, veggies, or even meat. Just like the aforementioned knife, this cutlery piece features a blade that is made of high-carbon stainless steel. Therefore, sharpness retention is an issue you must not worry about.
- Parer: There is not a lot we can say about the parer except that it is spectacularly comfortable to handle as it measures 3.25 inches, and it features a convenient poly handle. Thus, it is specially designed to make your life easier when you are in the kitchen.
- Peeler: The 3-inch peeler featured in this kitchen knife set will delight you as it boasts impressive sharpness retention due to its stainless steel construction. This superior sharpness ensures you will be done in no time with peeling fruits and veggies, thus spending less time slaving in the kitchen.
- Steak knife: Slicing and cutting steak will never be the same after using this 4.25-inch knife as it will make your job working it the kitchen go a lot smoother. Sharpness retention and comfort in use are the two main traits it boasts, so you need not expect anything but perfection when handling it.
- Bread knife: This 7.75-inch knife is ideal for slicing bread as it not only offers the perfect blade length but because it is incredibly sharp, meaning it will effortlessly cut through this food.
- Santoku: Regardless of the kitchen task you want to take up, whether it is slicing, chopping, dicing, or mincing, this 7-inch santoku will help make the process go smoother thanks to its razor-sharp blade edge.
- Partoku: Another great addition that you will inevitably grow fond of as it will help make your life easier when cooking is this 5-inch partoku knife. A specialty cutlery piece any serious chef needs, its excellent design, and sharpness make it an indispensable tool.
- Utility knife: With this 5-inch utility knife you will be able to effortlessly perform cooking tasks you once slaved over for too long. Featuring a poly handle you will grow to love as it feels comfortable and delivering superior edge sharpness retention, it is a cutting tool you will become addicted to using.
- Sharpening steel: All quality cutlery sets must come with a sharpening tool, and this Chicago Cutlery set perfectly fits this rule as it comes with an 8-inch stainless sharpening steel. This tool allows blade sharpness retention as long as you regularly perform honing on the knives in the set. Thus, as a result of its presence in this cutlery collection, there is no need to invest in a separate sharpening tool for the knives.
- Knife block: This stained pined wood block is the final component of the set, the component that provides more help than its given credit for as it provides storage for the cutlery pieces. Durable and stylish, it perfectly fits the décor of any modern kitchen, it enhances safety by keeping the cutlery pieces out of the way so you will not accidentally cut yourself when performing other tasks in the kitchen, and it helps preserve blade sharpness.
What shows whether you are faced with a quality knife set or not is the material boasted by the cutlery’s blade. Fortunately, in this case, there is nothing to worry about as the Chicago Cutlery Fusion 18-Piece knife set is of an otherworldly quality. The reason why we say this is because all the knives feature high-carbon stainless steel forged blades. Additionally, all set pieces boast polycarbonate handles that make using them a pleasurable experience rather than an excruciating one. However, know that we did not go on the manufacturer’s word alone as we personally tested the knives too, thus being able to truthfully review each one of them. Check out our opinions and discoveries from the table below.
||Cut meat, chop carrots, slice pineapple
||Cut and slice steak
||Slice whole wheat bread
||Dice meat, slice meat
||Chop carrots, slice bread, cut apple, dice meat
||Peel hot potato
||Chop lime leaves, chop parsley
||Peel apple, peel kiwi, peel mango
||Slice apple, slice mango, slice avocado
As any serious cutlery manufacturing company out there, Chicago Cutlery fully supports and backs its product, offering a stunning lifetime warranty for it. As long as you avoid cleaning the pieces found in the Chicago Cutlery Fusion 18-Piece knife set with the help of the dishwasher, the warranty remains valid and you can take advantage of the free replacement when damage is done to the cutlery that composes the set. For any information regarding proper knife use, care, cleaning, or anything else, you can contact the customer support deraptment at Chicago Cutlery.